With the launch of Bakkt only a few weeks away and on the 12th of December, the popular cryptocurrency exchange of Binance has announced a list of products and services geared towards attracting institutional investors. The exchange is laying the groundwork for the highly anticipated capital that will arrive from institutional investors as well as high net individuals.
Binance wants to prepare beforehand for the potential demand by taking the following actions:
- To continue building the technology required to provide the highest level of security, reliability and liquidity on its platform
- Quality selection of tradable tokens and coins
- Services catered specifically for high volume traders such as its tiered trading fee discount program
- Increased support for corporate accounts including customization of API and withdrawal limits
- Creating a new division known as Binance Research
Sub – Accounts for Institutional Investors
With regards to future plans, the exchange has highlighted the following possibilities for sub-accounts geared toward the needs of Institutional Investors:
- Support for up to 200 sub-accounts per client
- Account and trading activity overview for sub accounts. This includes login history, open orders, order history, etc
- Zero fees for the transfer of funds between sub-accounts
- Full control of sub-accounts eg resetting 2FA, removing APIs, freezing sub-accounts, just to name a few
More on the New Research Division At Binance
The exchange recently launched Binance Research that is focused on the creation of institutional-grade research reports. These reports will increase transparency as well as improve the quality of information available within the crypto space.
The team at the research division has already analyzed two projects: Loom Network (LOOM) and GoChain (GO). Next on the list is Pundi X (NPXS).
Regular updates of the research activities can be found on twitter via @BinanceResearch.
What are your thoughts on Binance’s new focus on institutional investors? Is this an indicator of good things to come in the markets? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to give financial advice. Any additional opinion herein is purely the author’s and does not represent the opinion of Ethereum World News or any of its other writers. Please carry out your own research before investing in any of the numerous cryptocurrencies available. Thank you.