The team at Lite.IM, the project from Zulu Republic making Litecoin (LTC) SMS payments a reality, have just announced that users of their platform can now send and receive LTC via facebook messenger. In the twitter announcement, the team was quick to point out that LTC and Lite.IM now can be used by the over 2 Billion global users of the popular social media platform.
We are happy to announce that
@liteim_official is now live on Facebook Messenger. 2Bn+ @facebook users now have direct access to easily and securely, send, manage and invest in Litecoin.
The full tweet can be found below.
We are happy to announce that @liteim_official is now live on Facebook Messenger. 2Bn+ @facebook users now have direct access to easily and securely, send, manage and invest in Litecoin.
⭐️ Get Started – https://t.co/NXJdKlhagY
Made By @ZTXRepublic pic.twitter.com/BhvJw9l2fC
— Lite.IM (@liteim_official) October 31, 2018
How to Get Started
- Users willing to try out the service, need to start a conversation with Lite.IM using the messenger link of m.me/lite.im
- Once the conversation is started, the user is asked to register after accepting the terms and conditions of using the service
- After registering, you will be asked to key in your primary email address
- Once this is done, you will be requested for your phone number in the following format: +[country][number]
- The service will then send an SMS code for you to confirm
- After confirming the code, you will be prompted to enter a secure password for your Lite.IM account
- You will then be provided with a LTC wallet address
- You are now set to send and receive LTC on facebook Messenger
Also Available on Telegram Messenger
The team at Lite.IM had first launched the Litecoin service on the popular messaging application of Telegram. All a user has to do, is open their website at https://www.lite.im/ and follow the prompts to key in a phone number. Once this is done, you will get an SMS asking you to follow the link that opens a conversation with the Lite.IM bot on the platform.
During the launch of the Telegram service back in August, Charlie Lee had urged the crypto community to focus more on crypto adoption during the current bear market. His words were in reference to the newly launched Lite.IM Telegram service.
Zulu Republic Team, the creators of Lite.IM, had this to say about the Telegram launch.
Since day one of the Zulu Republic, we’ve been driven by a vision of what the world might look like if the founding ideals of the cryptocurrency revolution were actually realized…
Today we take that vision one step closer to reality by announcing lite.im, a new project from Zulu Republic aimed at expanding cryptocurrency access to a wider population than ever before.
Lite.im brings Litecoin services to anyone with even the most basic mobile phone, regardless of whether or not they have access to the internet.
With a simple Telegram or SMS message, lite.im users will be able to interact with the Litecoin blockchain, sending and receiving funds from anywhere in the world where a cellular signal can be found.
What are your thoughts on the Litecoin service by Lite.IM on both Telegram and facebook Messenger? Please let us know in the comment section below.
[Image courtesy of Lite.IM]